The PADI Tec 45 course is the second part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program. You'll extend your depth limit to 45 metres/145 feet and learn to plan and execute repetitive decompression dives using a single stage/decompression cylinder. It puts you in a complete tec diving rig, which can be either backmount or sidemount. You'll also make accelerated decompression dives using EANx or pure oxygen. This is a course where you'll rise to the challenge and make the commitment to become a technical diver.
The Tec 45 course picks up where Tec 40 leaves off and takes your training as a tec diver further and deeper. It is the second subcourse in the full PADI Tec Diver course
What You Learn
- The skills and equipment and planning need to dive to a maximum of 45 metres/145 feet
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- There would be no time limit to amount of decompression
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving
- The Scuba Gear You Use
- You use basic tec diving equipment
The Learning Materials You Need
You'll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The pak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures. You'll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through the Tec 50 course.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact Tasmanian Divers.
You must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Tec 40 (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least:
- 12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- At least 18 years old
- Have a medical statement signed by a physician
Due to very small class sizes and a required higher skill level for these courses, all technical level courses have a stricter cancellation policy.
- For all event cancellations, there is a $25 administration fee.
- If you transfer to a different day you will be required to pay any difference in course price in addition to transfer fees. No credits or refunds will be given if the new course price is a lower cost.
- If you cancel or transfer to another course date within 3 weeks of the scheduled theory day for that course, a $210 fee will apply.
- If you cancel or transfer to another course date within 7 days of the scheduled theory day for that course, a $525 fee will apply.
- If you fail to complete the theory homework or don’t meet the course prerequisites prior to the theory date, you will be required to transfer to another course date and a $210 fee will apply
- Once you have started your course, if you complete the course on different dates or are more than 20 mins late to any course day, you will be required to transfer and a $210 fee will apply.